April 29, 2010

WIP - Haruni

I have to admit - shawls, in the past, haven't been my strong point. Sometimes it really is that hard to count to 5. Or 8. Or whatever.

But I am determined. Shawls are that much more interesting than scarves, and yet I can wear it like a scarf. To be honest, i'm not a big fan of drape-it-round-your-shoulders-like-in-the-1800s way of wearing them. Although that could always change - i'm not one to stand completely fast in my fashion opinions.

So, it is with baited breath I knit Haruni. Normally I am a product knitter - I knit stuff because I want it, and I want it yesterday. The thing that attracted me to Haruni, though, was the large leaf edging. Hmmm, that looks like a tasty challenge, I thought.

Haruni, by Emily Ross, knit in Knitsch Yarns Beauregarde

I haven't reached that part of the chart yet. I'll update you once I do!

2 comments:

  1. The shawl is looking gorgeous. I can see that come Craft2.0 I'll be buying Knitsch yarn and casting on my own Haruni...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Matt! It will be great to see you - and hopefully have a completed Haruni in my possession...

    ReplyDelete