April 07, 2010

Cosy CraftUp

Once upon a time, I lived in Wellington. I loved it - loved walking the streets, popping in to Midnight Espresso or Deluxe to loiter over a coffee and read, mooching around looking at beautiful things and spying great graffiti. I'm now resident in another great place, the one and only Petone, but I do so miss being close to central Wellington.

Last night I had the great pleasure of joining some crafty types for a CraftUp at Blondini's, upstairs at the Embassy. Driving in, the city showed me all the reasons why I love it - moody winter clouds, grey buildings and shining yellow lights. I adore being so close to the hills and the sea, and being able to walk from one end to the other.

(That's a sock in Cinque Terre on the table...almost done!)
It was a perfect evening for red wine, brownies, crafting and talking about crafty business and general gossip. The craft community really are so open and welcoming, and I always go away from catch ups with a big smile on my face. Last night in particular, a few plots were planned...so there is plenty to go on with in the background!

No comments:

Post a Comment